Automasjon og Data AS
Automasjon & Data AS was established in 1991 as a software house and has since then developed into one of the world’s leading companies for MetOcean or meteorological and oceanographic data systems.
The main products range from simple Weather Stations to advanced complete Helideck Monitoring Systems and Environmental Monitoring Systems for marine and offshore users and other demanding applications. Such systems are basically a very sophisticated weather station measuring wind, temperatures, barometric pressure, motions, sea currents, waves, etc., but can also include a number of additional sensors and tailor-made functions that are essential for offshore users. Offshore MetOcean Systems are exposed to the most extreme weather conditions and are not only expected to function in these conditions, but expected to measure accurately, providing correct data in order to document these conditions.
All offshore platforms and vessels need environmental data for daily operational use and as an important tool for safety purposes. In the later years these systems are also being tailor-made to measure the movements and conditions of the helideck and are used as a tool for improving the safety for helicopter traffic.
A+D have had their software package DADAS in use in a large number of MetOcean data systems all over the world since 1992. The DADAS software is basically a general data acquisition package incorporating a very flexible display module, a comprehensive reporting module, alarm modules and the possibility to control smaller processes directly. The company has a lot of valuable experience from many different applications and a large number of special functions have been integrated in the software in order to improve the user interface. Special emphasize has been put upon making the data displays easily understandable for non-technical users.
Environmental Monitoring Systems
– often known as EMS/EMP systems, Weather Stations or MetOcean systems are a very important tool for many users onshore and offshore. EMS systems using the well proven DADAS software from A+D have been in use for more than 18 years and have an excellent track record.
Helideck Monitoring Systems
– A+D has been involved in developing Helideck Monitoring Systems since these systems were first introduced. New systems will comply with all known rules and regulations worldwide, including the CAA CAP 437 and the Norwegian Standard for HMS systems.
Current measurement / Current profile
– Drilling in deeper waters will often bring challenges related to fluctuating and unpredictable currents. These may have a critical influence on both rig location and installation of expensive equipment. A system equipped with profiling current sensors (ADCPs) can give vital information about these parameters. DADAS software has simple and user-friendly displays that will give the user a quick and useful understanding of the situation.
Meteorological and Oceanographic sensors
– A+D has a vast experience in selecting, operating and maintaining the best sensors for the tough operational conditions offshore. Only sensors with an excellent track record will be recommended for use in such critical applications. A+D can supply everything from single sensors to complete turnkey systems.
Service work and calibration services
– A+D has a well qualified team of offshore service engineers, including experienced and certified support engineers onshore, who can undertake service work on all makes and models of MetOcean systems, EMP / EMS systems, HMS systems, meteorological and oceanographic sensors, etc. Our workshop is equipped for servicing and calibrating most kinds of sensors and instrumentation and has a fast track supply line for spare parts.
A+D has a working QA-system compliant with ISO 9001 and all manufacturing and testing is documented thoroughly. The QA-system has been audited and approved by a number of third parties, among them Achilles Joint Qualification System and CAA