Clean Marine AS
“ONE FUEL – ALL THE TIME – GLOBALLY”
• As of January 2015, there is a limit of 0,1% sulphur oxides (SOx) in ship’s exhaust gas when trading inside the Emissions Control Area (ECA). From January 1st 2020 IMO has decided that the global limit will be 0,5% sulphur oxides.
• With an Exhaust Gas Cleaning System (EGCS) installed, vessels can continue burning heavy fuel oil instead of the more expensive distillate fuel and still comply with the air emission regulations.
• Clean Marine EGCS is the ONLY proven system currently on the market with Allstream exhaust gas handling. This
means that all exhaust sources onboard – including boilers – are served by one common EGC unit without encountering an increase in back pressure.
• The Clean Marine EGCS is a cost-efficient option. Assuming a conservative USD 250 per metric ton price difference between marine gas oil MGO and/or LSHFO (for ECA and/or Globa tradel) and HFO payback time on the investment would be about 1 ½ years.
• Clean Marine offers a hybrid system that can operate seamlessly in either open loop or closed loop (zero discharge mode). Seawater enriched with alkali is used to clean the exhaust and enables the vessel to operate in all types of water (including low alkaline and saline water) in either mode and without loss of efficiency. Full trading flexibility is secured.
• The Clean Marine EGCS meets ALL global regulations for washwater discharges and is a futureproof solution given regulatory uncertainty.
• The first full scale installation of an allstream hybrid Clean Marine EGCS was done in 2009. Clean Marine also had the first vessel in North American ECA with an approved EGCS system. Since then Clean Marine has done many successfully installation (EGCS certified and in normal operation) onboard vessels for our key customers like, Dorian LPG (VLGC), Stolt Tankers (2xChemical tankers), BP (2xMr product tankers), AET (2x Shuttle tankers) which are the industries most advanced DP shuttle tankers; Eagle Barents and Eagle Bergen.
• Clean Marine also have a very close relationship with most leading yards in Korea, China and Japan.
Clean Marine will in the fall 2017 release their new scrubber designs, in the CleanSOX family, and solutions will bring the technology to the next level. Clean Marine welcomes the opportunity to assist ship owners and yards in solving their emissions challenge, but also help owners/charterers save money to secure profitable and sustainable business today and in the future.
Visit our website or contact us for more information!