Marine Technical Limits
MTL is the specialist FPSO integrity and repair management company, providing expert support and project management to FPSO operators across the world.
“We aim to offer the most effective solution for FPSO operators,” says Technical Director, Matthew Lewin. “As a result, we have developed technical solutions and systems that allow detailed inspection and complex repairs to be conducted safely and efficiently while the installation is on riser and at full production”.
MTL’s unique approach to delivering safety value and quality is founded upon a deep understanding and empathy with the specific needs of FPSO operators and the motivation to find the best solution for their client. MTL’s team of highly skilled naval architects and engineers embed themselves within the client’s organisation to create a hub around which to coordinate inspection, repair and ongoing support for structural integrity management.
MTL have a wide range of capabilities including:
Structural Integrity Management
- Detailed bespoke inspection plans, underpinned by IACS Enhanced Survey Procedure
- Experienced inspection teams
- Ongoing through-life integrity support
FPSO Repair – On Station
- Innovative engineering solutions to enable on-station repair
- Project management from initiation to close-out
- Development of Safe Systems of Work for repair and inspection
- Construction of safe access systems for personnel and equipment
- Development of ventilation, power and lighting supplies
- Management of occupational health issues related to inspection and repair
- Provision of emergency response plans
- Selection, training and supervision of workforce
- Consultation with regulators and classification societies to ensure approval
Projects Director, Calum MacLean explains, “We develop new equipment and systems of work to solve the technical challenges posed by FPSOs. Our Extensive experience of FPSO structural and marine issues makes MTL a truly valuable addition to an FPSO operator’s organisation.”
From cradle to grave, MTL offer expert guidance and management of structural integrity and repair, optimising efficiency, safety and quality to deliver long-term value to clients.