NBS-C BioScience & Consulting GmbH
NBS-C BioScience is
a Contract Research Organisation founded 2009 as a spin off by scientists of the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research in Vienna, Austria. NBS-C BioScience specializes on contract research for antibody and biosimilar development, protein biochemistry and molecular interaction analysis. In a second business field NBS-C BioScience develops and commercializes
research tools and kit components for allergy research and diagnostics.
NBS-C BioScience has
international relationship with academia, industry and clinics, well equipped laboratories and access to experts covering a broad range of expertise in biological science and pharmaceutical development to assist in joint projects.
NBS-C BioScience offers
A: Contract R&D
active participation in target finding and validation, tool generation and assay development during preclinical phases. Experimental and analytical service on customer demand
with emphasis on Surface Plasmon Resonance (BiacoreTM) technology. Access to GxP compliant procedures in collaboration with a certified in house partner:
Characterization of monoclonal antibodies (biosimilars) and other target binding molecules, recombinant cellular receptors and ligands by
– purity assessment
– determination of target specificity and affinity, epitope mapping binding kinetics (SPR)
– ELISA and SPR (Biacore) based concentration and potency assays
– cell assays, DNA based assays and receptor binding assays
– Establishment of assays for the identification and functional characterization of anti-allergic compounds (biologics and low molecular weight compounds) for low, medium and high throughput format.
– Risk assessment during late research phases and pre-clinical development of investigational drugs or treatments as well as nutritives or cosmetics by in vitro evaluation of their potency to induce anaphylactic reactions (recombinant cell assays) and ex vivo establishment of anaphylactogenic risk profiles
– Assistance in drug selection and development of biologics and vaccines by immunogenicity assessment applying standard ELISA procedures and Surface Plasmon Resonance
(SPR; Biacore) based analysis allowing extended tracking of anti drug antibodies (ADA) and vaccine profiling.
Molecular Interaction Analysis (Surface Plasmon Resonance; BiacoreTM)
– Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) technology applies optical sensor chips and allows to study real time binding events between molecules. Unlabeled analytes (antibodies / antigens, recombinant receptors, receptor ligands, low molecular compounds (e.g. drug candidates) are applied to determine accurate target binding kinetics (on/off rates,
affinities). Valuable information on the properties of native proteins can thus be gained within short time.
– One of our Biacore™ instruments is GxP certified and operated in a fully GMP compliant environment. Service ranges from single measurements to full service interaction
studies performed by experienced laboratory staff including data interpretation and handling.
– Assistance to evaluate new business opportunities by building up a platform to assess technical feasibility and potential commercial value, in particular in the field of allergy
B: Allergy Research Tools
Key proteins, reference compounds and assay kit components as tools for allergy research and diagnostics, e.g. immunoglobulin E (IgE), specialized monoclonal anti-IgE antibodies, recombinant IgE receptors, monoclonal antibodies directed against IgE receptors, agents to study mast cell / basophil activation etc. These proprietary products are either on stock or will be produced on demand in state of the art research grade quality in the desired quantities in an interactive process to meet customer’s requirements thus providing tools optimized for each particular application.
IgEQUANT® ELISA development tool kits contain functionally matched and well characterized components for the individual establishment of specialized sandwich ELISA test systems for various applications in allergy research and clinical monitoring. As R&D tools, these kits offer substantial advantages over other commercially available ELISA systems.