Port of Narvik
The Lofoten, Vesterålen, Harstad and Narvik –
The MidNorth – Region:
• 120000 inhabitants
• Rich in petroleum and fish resources
• Superbly connected – internally and externally
• A large urban centre in The MidNorth region
• The largest logistics hub in the Arctic.
• Born,raised and nourished through Nordic cooperation
• Excellent life qualities and an exciting nature
• Education and research institutes. Focus on engineering disciplines and cold climate technologies
• Cooperation with Swedish, Finnish and other Arctic universities and industries
• High technology contract manufacturers of parts to the Norwegian subsea and defense industries
• Design and supply of downhole tools
• Training facilities for firefighting, oil spill combat operations etc.
• Largest in the Arctic, deep and sheltered international sea port and railway terminal
• Main transshipment port for iron ore from Finland and Sweden
• Main transshipment port for cargo to and from Northern Norway
• Rail connection with Sweden, Finland, Europe, Russia and Asia
• Fastest cargo train between Northern Norway and Oslo
• Shortest road connection from the mainland to Lofoten, Vesterålen and Harstad
• Large airport with several daily Boeing 737 fl ights with Oslo
• Deep sea fjord sites with deep sailing routes to the shelf
• Increased railroad capacity, from 20 million tons annually to 60 million tons annually, of dry bulk cargo
• Shortened and enhanced standard road connections to Narvik-Harstad airport and to Lofoten, Vesterålen and Harstad
• Additional port facilities and industrial sites
• No draft restrictions
• Sheltered water
• Ice-free year round
• Near main ship route
• Terminals for bulk
• Container Terminal
• Ro-ro facility
• Loading/unloading 24/7
• Rail with 30 tonne axle load to quay. Length of train up to 750 meters.
• Near the main airport. Barely two hours to Oslo.
• Connection to the main roads E6 and E10.
Aker Solutions • Futurum • Narvik Port • Narvik Region • Narvik Science Park • Narvik University College • Natech • Norut Technology • Norwegian Firefighter School