Sandvik Riser Technology AS
The ClikLoc™, is a quick connector for topside and subsea riser applications for improving safety and reducing cost.
The Sandvik ClikLoc™ Connector
• A revolution in multiple make and brake connections
• Reduce cost by making riser connections Safer and faster
• Improving safety by eliminating the hazards of falling objects.
• Makes riser tube connections 5 to 6 times faster than the conventional way.
• Using the connector will save crane time usage during stack up installation.
• No rotation of the riser during set up
• High technology bayonet type, stab- in, self- centring connector
• Metal to metal seal
• Fast and secure connection without tools
• Easy and vibration free locking mechanism
• Operational proven in harsh environment
• Eliminating the risk of falling objects
• Reducing exposure time for handling crew
• Connector made of super duplex
• Connector body made using hot isostatic pressing (HIP)
• Applicable for sour and standard service
• Operates at temp up to 121Celsius(250F) and 10,000psi
Typical topside applications
• Coil Tubing stack up risers
• Flow head connections
• Lubricator towers
• Intervention and completion work using Lift frame, connect LS and BOP
Typical subsea application
• Completion and work over riser.
Case story “make riser tube connection
5 times faster and eliminate falling objects”
The challenge: Conventional rigging of a 30meters tall riser tower involves more than 900 potential falling objects and Operators are constantly looking for ways to reduce exposure safety risk to their personnel.
One Operator on the Norwegian continental shelf was looking for a safer and more time saving alternative to the conventional rigging of coil tubing stack-up risers.
The solution: The Operator was introduced to Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector for topside well intervention. The Operator was able to increase safety for its offshore crew and minimize the time for the riser tower to occupy platform skid deck.
Case story “can you afford to put your
platform on-hold because of a damaged thread”
The challenge: When performing well clean-up operations with semi- submersible rig with conventional connector technology, like threaded connection. The failure of mis-threading is a common problem causing costly delay of the rig while repairing the threaded connection.
The solution: By employing Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector the problems involved with threaded connection was eliminated. The ClikLoc™ was used several times without a single problem, making the Operator reducing the operational downtime for the Rig. The Operator could save cost for at least one day with the rig compared to threaded connection.
Statoil ASA, Marathon Oil Norge AS, BP Norge AS, BG Norge AS, ConocoPhillips Norge, Baker Hughes, Schlumberger, Island Offshore, Helix Well Ops, Det Norske, Well Partner og Total E&P Norge
Standard and Specifications
The Sandvik Clikloc™ connector is designed and manufactured in accordance with following standards: ISO 13628, Part 7 (Completion / work over riser system), ISO 10423 (API 6A), ISO 15156 (NACE MR0175), DNV RP C203 (Fatigue design of offshore steel structures) and relevant NORSOK standards.
Sandvik Riser Technology AS can offer;
• DNV Type Approved Clikloc™ connector for topside applications
• Design and rental of installation aids or tool packages
• Inspection, maintenance and preservation services
• Design and fabrication of cross over applications
• Subsea C/WO riser application
If you consider reducing life cycle cost and implementing a safer operation for your offshore crew.
From standard to custom designed. SRT AS is ready to design and implement a quick and effective solution to any existing application.
+47 51 69 40 70
+47 51 69 40 65