Norwegian Geotechnical Institute
NGI is Norway’s largest geotechnical specialist community and we leave no stone unturned when we research and solve assignments for private and public clients both at home and abroad. Since the 1950s, NGI has been hooked on soil, rock and snow. In fact, much of our geotechnical expertise is in demand in several parts of the world – from Bhutan til Bodø. NGI offers expertise on soil, rock and snow and their effect on the environment, structures and construction.
Rock and Soil Engineering
We cover all aspects of the entire planning and design process from feasibility and impact studies to detailed design and on site supervision during construction.
• General geology
• Geophysical tools for investigation and documentation of geological conditions
• Engineering geology and rock mass classification
• Rock mechanics and stability issues
• Material properties and laboratory testing
• Numerical analyses and modeling
• Geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
• Stability and subsidence issues
• Hydrogeological impact of underground structures
NGI seeks to achieve sustainable and costeffective solutions for activities having a potential
environmental impact on soil, groundwater or marine sediments.
• Investigation of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediments
• Risk assessment and impact studies
• Evaluation and design of measures
• Monitoring and pollution control
• Design of land- and subsea fills
• Handling/beneficial use of waste material
Please refer to our webpage
www.ngi.no/eng for more detailed information.